Basic Freediver Course
Duration: 1 day
Price: 3000 baht
This course is designed for people who:
- Only have 1 day for training
- Have issues with equalizing their ears at depth but still want to understand the sport of freediving
- Are interested in practicing dynamic freediving (the best exercise there is!)
This course includes a classroom session and a confined water session. In the classroom you’ll be introduced to free diving theory including environment, equipment, physiology, techniques and safety.
In confined water you’ll gain mastery in the basic skills required to practice the sport, including proper finning techniques for dynamic apnea (DYN) and rescue procedures.
With this certification you’ll be able to train as a confined water freediver and partake in any pool disciplines for free diving and eventually continue on to complete your WSF RAID Freediver training.
The course includes:
- WSF / RAID basic freediver course e-manuals, quizzes and exam
- WSF / RAID certification (upon completion of all requirements)
- Rental of freedive equipment
- Academic Sessions
- Confined Water Session
- Online freedive logbook
- Roctopus taxi pick-up from the pier on arrival
- Be at lest 10 years of age (with written guardian consent if under the age of 18 years)
- Be able to swim at least 200m / 218yds non-stop without fins or buoyancy device
- Complete all online registration requirements on the WSF training website
- Have a completed medical history form showing no contra indications for Freediving activities or have a medical form signed by a licensed medical practitioner
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com
Hooked by your course and want to perfect your skills for better performance?
Extend your course by a day to focus on any of the following areas during our coaching sessions.
Dynamic training: With an additional confined session, we’ll work on your technique, buoyancy, control and positioning. With longer and more control dynamic apneas, you’ll be amazed at your open water performance.
Static Apnea workshop: we’ll guide you through a breath-hold workshop, getting your static apnea to 2-3 minutes or more!