Minimum 3 months
Train alongside our marine conservationists as you complete the requirements for your Divemaster certification!
Divemasters are professional divers that can work in the scuba industry across the globe. At Roctopus, you can participate in our ecoTrust Marine Conservation internship program while working alongside our ProCentre team to meet your DMT requirements and build your confidence and self-reliance as a professional scuba diver.
Threatened marine ecosystems around the world are expanding the need for conservation-trained scuba dive professionals, able to lead and participate in local projects, promote community outreach and awareness, and educate their customers about responsible ecosystem interaction and conservation priorities.
Your experience and skills developed will set you apart as you enter the world of professional scuba diving or marine biology, and open up doors to opportunities working for conservation projects globally!
During your ecoDMT, you will work closely with our Roctopus Pro Center to fulfill the requirements of your Divemaster Training:
While you build out the skills required to achieve your Divemaster certification, our ecoTrust team trains with you across the complete set of our ecoTrust modules including:
- Environmental monitoring and survey techniques
- Water quality analysis and citizen science programs
- Coral and marine species taxonomy
- Artificial reefs and coral restoration
- Fouling species management
- Conservation policy and environmental justice
- Creatures of the muck and UV night diving
You’ll also receive one-on-one mentoring throughout your course in developing your skills to:
- Conduct and guide ecoDives
- Instruct and teach about topics of your interest
- Coordinate and lead public outreach events like our Debris Free Friday
- Develop and conduct your own project
- Lead one of our active programs
You can even extend your program with unlimited fun diving to continue conducting your project, begin a new one, intern as an assistant conservation instructor, or enjoy participating in your choice of ongoing ecoDives!
Already a Divemaster or short on time? Check out our current marine conservation internship opportunities:
The course price includes:
- Unlimited diving for 3 months!
- Introductory period
- All Divemaster AND ecoDiver training and workshops
- Individual mentoring and career development
- Lifetime access to Divemaster and ecoDiver training materials
- Use of BCDs, regulators, and weight systems
- FREE UV Night Dive
- Join select ecoDives with us for 800THB for life
- Certification with the Roctopus ecoTrust
- Free reusable ecoBag
These are the requirements to begin your official Divemaster Training:
- You must be at least 18 years old
- Have a current (within 1 year) RSTC Medical Form signed by a licensed physician. We recommend that you bring this with you but you can also get this on Koh Tao at one of our local clinics.
- Have an Open Water diver, Deep and Nitrox specialties, and a Rescue diver certification from a recognized agency. These courses can be done at Roctopus. Contact us for a price breakdown.
- Have a current (within the 2 years) certification in First Aid and Oxygen Provider. If you don not have these, you can do our comprehensive First Aid course with us.
- Have at least 50 logged dives. This is part of your free fun diving so you won’t have to pay extra for this! Roctopus sends out two boats doing 4 dives a day, so it won’t take long for you to get to the required number of dives.
Monthly Extensions Available
We require a minimum 3 month commitment from all of our ecoDMTs. Based on your university requirements, personal project scope, or individual goals, extensions with unlimited diving are available up to 9 months.
Get in touch to have our team help build the program that works for you!